Adapted from Pastry Chef Linda Baker
2 cups pastry flour
2 cups bread flour
1 /2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces cold unsalted butter cut into small cubes
2 cups cold heavy cream, plus 1/4 cup for brushing
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 cup chopped white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix pastry flour, bread flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Using a pastry cutter or a fork break butter into flour mixture, until butter becomes pea size.
4. Add cream and stir until combined.
5. Fold in remaining ingredients toasted pecans, apricots and white chocolate
6. Place dough on a floured surface and fold the dough over itself to create layers.
7. Roll the dough out into 1” thick circle.
8. Cut the dough into 12 wedges.
9. Place on a baking sheet and brush with remaining cream.
10. Bake until top is golden brown approximately 25 - 30 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy!