Quick Puff Pastry
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup water
8 oz. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1. Cut the butter into cubes and refrigerate.
2. Combine the flour, salt and water.
3. Add the cold butter. Mix until combined.
4. Using a rolling pin roll out dough on floured surface into a rectangle about 7” x 19”.
5. For the first fold, fold the two ends towards the middle to meet.
6. For the second fold, fold together the two ends. This is the first double turn.
7. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and roll it out again to 7” x 19” rectangle. Repeat the folding process.
8. Chill the dough for thirty minutes.
9. Repeat. Turning four more times. Chill the dough for 30 minutes in between turns.
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Roll the puff pastry dough to a 9” x 14” rectangle about 1/4” thick. Trim the edges.
3. Fold the sides of the rectangle for a 1” wide flap. Repeat on the other side.
4. Fold until the two sides meet. Roll gently over the rectangle to set the folds in place.
5. Fold over again.
6. Roll over gently over the dough log to secure folds.
7. Chill the dough log for 40 minutes.
8. Slice each cookie about 1/4” thick. Arrange on sheet pan covered with parchment paper.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Then flip cookies over and bake for another 5 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve and enjoy!